The WhatsApp Payments feature is designed in partnership with National Payments Corporation of India or NPCI and is a payment method based on Unified Payments Interface or UPI. To use this feature, the most important thing to keep in mind is that you are on the latest WhatsApp version of your Android or iOS. Apart from this, your WhatsApp number should be the same number which is linked to your bank account. After all this, to know how to use this feature, read this full article of ours-
WhatsApp Payments: How to set up
1. First open WhatsApp and go to Settings and tap on Payments.
2. Now tap on Add payment method and choose your bank.
3. After choosing a bank, you will have to verify your mobile number. Now tap on Verify via SMS.
4. Wait for the verification process to be completed. After the process is complete, your bank details will be added to the payment method below.
WhatsApp Pay: How to make payments
1. Open WhatsApp chat and click on the attachment icon.
2. Now tap on Payment and type in the amount you want to send to someone and enter it.
3. Now enter the UPI PIN and complete the payment process.
Those who use other UPI apps like PhonePe or Google Pay, send them money like this-
1. Open WhatsApp and go to Settings and tap on Payments.
2. Now tap New Payment and then Send to a UPI ID. Then verify by entering UPI ID.
3. After the UPI ID is verified, enter the amount and enter it.
4. Enter the UPI PIN to complete the payment process.
You can also send a request to those who have not registered on WhatsApp yet. Such-
1. Open WhatsApp chat and click on attachment and then go to payment.
2. Tap Notify on the next screen and inform others about the WhatsApp Payments feature.
Through the above methods you can start making digital payments on WhatsApp.